Thursday, April 10, 2008

My new book...and its popular reader.

I have just recently written a book on The Obedience of a Christian Man. I described the obedience of children, servants, wives, and subjects. I then went on to speak of God-ordained duties for husbands, masters, landlords, judges, and king's officers. As I spoke of previously in my profile, I have written against the abused powers the papacy has over the "common people". The fight for translations has been difficult, but very uplifting news has reached my humble ears- I have heard that Queen Anne Boleyn has ordered for herself an ornate, gilded edition of my book "The Obedience of a Christian Man." I pray that the good queen might let my words reach our beloved King Henry VIII noble ears. God bless their Majesties and the people of England.

2 comments:

The German Martyr said...

I pray with you also that your words may touch the heart of your king.Thats cool that the queen lady ordered a special edition of your book. Didn't you think it was a little dangerous to say that the pope has to much power?

John Wesley said...

These great things you are doing Mr. Tyndale. I pray that you will continue to keep up your great work. I also pray along with Mr. Bonhoeffer that your words mat touch the heart of your king.