"FAYTH is a sure confidence off thynges which are hoped for, and a certayntie off thynges which are not sene."
--Tyndale, 1534
"NOW faith is the substance of things hoped for, the euidence of things not seen."
--King James, 1611
"AND faith is, the substance of things to be hoped for, the argument of things not appearing." --Rheims (Catholic), 1582
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hello there,
I like how you did an article on faith because one of my favorite verses in the NIV Bible is the definition of faith. "Faith is being sure of what you hope for, and certain of what you do not see." What do you think of that definition? I believe that is Hebrews 11:1. I love the NIV version of it because it is very clear to understand. Good job though, and I really like this article. Hope to meet you soon.
*D-Stone*
Hey. It's St. Benedict. Just thought I'd pop in and say hello. Hello.
I like your blog. I especially like the way you compare/contrast the 3 different translations of Hebrews 11:1. It's very interesting. Nice Job.
-Benedict/Matt B.
Post a Comment